Samsung Galaxy A52 was released on March 26, 2021 and is available in the Philippines for Php 18,990.00.
It is equipped with 8 GB memory, a big 256 GB storage, and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 720G processor.
It has a high resolution selfie camera and four rear cameras.
A decent phone for gaming and camera for a mid range phone.
Let us see its pros and cons if it will fare in other uses.
- High resolution rear camera with stability feature
- Ultra Wide angle camera
- HDR quality rear camera
- 4K@30pfs rear camera video with stability feature
- High resolution selfie camera
- Decent enough processing capability
- No optical zoom feature
The Samsung Galaxy A52 is equipped with four rear cameras. Starting from its main camera, it uses a wide camera sensor measuring 1/1.7" (inches) able to fit 64 million pixels with 0.8 micrometer size each (64 MP with 0.8µm size per pixel).
The main camera has PDAF autofocus and OIS to minimize blurriness from small shaking.
The device has a 12 MP ultrawide camera for wider angle shots.
It also has a macro camera that can help for taking macro (close up) shots.
Plus a 5 MP depth sensor to determine distance which is used for portrait shots.
It features LED flash, HDR quality photographs, and is capable of making panorama shots.
The device's rear camera can produce videos with 4K resolution at 30 fps (frames per second) with a gyro-EIS stability feature that helps to stabilize video while on the move.
As for its selfie camera, it has a 1/2.8” camera sensor size that can fit a 32 MP resolution image with a 0.8µm per pixel as its size.
It also features an HDR quality front camera and can produce 4K video resolution at 30 fps.
As for the image processing, it uses “Snapdragon 720G” which is a decent mid range processor.
- Capable of running high end games
- Wide gaming screen
- Good enough battery life
- Battery is below 5000 mAh mark
- Not applicable for professional gaming
The Samsung Galaxy A52 is equipped with 8 GB memory and 256 GB storage. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G sso with a Octa core CPU and Adreno 618 GPU.
With the above specs, it makes the phone capable of running high end games such as Genshin Impact, Ragnarok X: Next Gen and battle royale games like Call of Duty Mobile and PUBG.
But unlike high end phones, its processor is not capable of superb performance and lag or slowness might occur some of the time.
For games with a wide world, loading the elements in the map might be delayed sometimes especially when the player is moving from place to place rather fast which would require the game to load the map quickly as well.
Example of this is Call of Duty Mobile. Riding a quick vehicle might show a map with missing elements around.
Still, the games are still playable on the device and adjusting the display resolution might do the trick.
For games with low requirements, such as Mobile Legends, the device's smooth performance is to be expected.
The device is also equipped with a 4500 mAh battery so game time will be long enough as well. It also has fast charging capability so getting bored will be shorter.
As for the screen, it has a wide 6.5 inches screen size which is wide enough for gamers. Having a wider screen view helps to have a better view of the game you will be playing.
- Equipped with Super AMOLED for better brightness, vibrant colors and saturation
- Wide screen
- Has 3.5mm jack
- Lower display refresh rate compared to other Mid range phones
- Some brightness issues with HDR quality videos
Phones usually categorized for multimedia usage are widely used for music and video streaming. So a good screen size and features, and a good speaker is a must.
Screen wise, the Samsung Galaxy A52 with a 6.5" wide screen size, watching series or movies will be great.
It uses a Super AMOLED screen which is one step higher than AMOLED. This can produce brighter, more vibrant and saturated colours and can adapt to various lighting environments.
It has a decent refresh rate of 90Hz (90 refresh per second) which will allow you to watch quick changing scenes in movies and anime.
It supports video quality in HDR format with up to 800 nits video brightness.
As for audio, a stereo speaker is available and if you want to listen alone, a 35mm jack is available for wired earphones or headset.
- High storage with MicroSD and USB OTG support
- Fast charging feature
- Good enough battery capacity
- Good rear main camera resolution with stability feature
- Good video resolution with stability feature
- Has no barometer
- Camera has no optical zooming feature
This is the most in-demand use of smartphones nowadays. Mostly everyone uses their smartphone on their life travels, be it summer getaway, mountain hiking, and many more adventures.
With these, app support for travelling is widespread from maps to online navigation.
For phones, devices with a good storage capacity, good network connection, and a long battery life is a must.
As for the Samsung Galaxy A52, it is equipped with a wide 256 GB storage.
It also has an external memory card slot and a USB OTG feature as back-up.
It uses 4G LTE data network connection which is the best possible since 5G is not fully supported in the Philippines.
It has a GPS feature to capture location even without data. Sadly the phone does not have a barometer installed so GPS cannot take altitude data using it.
The phone is neither light nor heavy weight so carrying it along all the time while climbing on rocks is fine.
It has a good enough battery capacity of 4500 mAh for travels. But is it still recommended to bring a power bank just in case.
It features a high 25W fast charging, which is good for intensive use of the device. Though frequent charging of a device will also deteriorate the battery quickly.
As for its camera, it has a decent camera resolution with stability features that can help minimize blurriness from small shaking.
It does not have an optical zooming feature as well so you can’t enjoy taking shots on faraway subjects.
It is also equipped with gyro-EIS stability feature for taking video.
Lastly, the device has a compass sensor that can help when travelling in a forest or mountain.
Work and Business
- High processor, memory and storage capacity
- Uses 4G LTE network
- Equipped with fingerprint scanner for security
- Decent front camera specs
- Expensive if provided for employees which will only need it for communication
Having a premium phone used for work or business will be great but expensive. Specs wise, it will be above requirements.
Processing, memory, storage wise, the device is perfect for work needs.
Samsung Galaxy A52 for office employees in business is a luxury. Even if it is for employees that are required to take videos and pictures, this device will be a little bit expensive for a camera without an optical zooming feature.
It has the best supported network in the Philippines. Again it is because 5G is not yet fully supported in the Philippines so having 4G LTE is still the best and practical choice.
It has features such as a fingerprint scanner that can provide an additional layer of security for the device.
Its front camera feature is decent enough for video conferences and any other video call.
- Great processing capability with high memory and storage capacity
- Wide screen
- Decent front camera
- Expensive if dedicated for home learning only
The Samsung Galaxy A52 is expensive if bought only for educational purposes.
Though specs wise, it is equipped with above the requirements for home learning.
It has a very wide screen which is helpful for previewing school materials and attending video calls.
And with a decent quality front camera, video quality will be great.
- Above required over all specs
- Expensive if dedicated for general use only
Phones for general use are usually bought just for communicating, some social media access and some internet browsing.
All in all, it does not need to have high specs and having so is a bit luxurious.
Samsung Galaxy A52 is a mid-range phone with quite high specs so buying this phone and not maximizing its usage would be a little bit of a waste.
Though if you don’t mind spending a little bit much and like to have a quality device, this device will never be a bad investment especially if you will only have this for general use.
One of the highest rated mid range phones and is good enough for both gaming and its camera.
If you want Samsung Galaxy A52, you can check our recommendations below on when and when not to buy the device.
- For high end games, it is fine for you to adjust the graphics or have a bit of patience over some delayed loading of maps or game elements.
- You like taking quality pictures and love taking wide angle shots
- You don’t mind not taking zoomed in pictures.
- You like watching movies, series, anime etc. with good video quality and are cool on little brightness issues.
- You want a device with good memory and storage, and a decent camera.
Work / Education / General Use
- You need a phone for work, or phone for online class, or even only for daily basic communication, social media, and internet browsing and want a high quality specs for it even if it is expensive
- You want 5000 mAh+ battery device
- You want a professional gaming experience that is smooth and feels the game from the very small details.
- You want a higher quality camera, with a great zooming feature.
- You prefer having a phone camera with a better zooming feature.
- Better battery capacity
- You look for a device dedicated for your employees and is for communication purposes only. This device will be a bit expensive.
- You look for a device dedicated to online classes only. This device will be a bit expensive.
- You want a device that will only be used for basic communication, social media, and internet browsing. This device will be a bit expensive.