Realme X3 SuperZoom was released on June 02, 2020 by Realme and is available in the Philippines for Php 22,990.00 only.
Having 12 GB memory and 256 storage to enjoy heavyweight apps and games plus a top of the league processor from Qualcomm, Snapdragon 855+, it is no doubt a premium phone with a very cheap price compared to its counterparts.
Equipped with a high resolution dual selfie camera and premium quality quad rear camera, you can have a lot of its premium feel with a very low price.
This is much like marketing already so let's proceed to the review proper. Ok? XD
Let us show you its pros and cons on different phone usage we categorized for you.
- High resolution rear main camera
- Periscope Telephoto w/ 5x optical zoom and OIS
- Ultra Wide angle camera
- HDR quality rear camera
- 4K@30pfs rear camera video w/ gyro-EIS stability
- High quality selfie main cam w/ ultrawide feature
- Premium quality processing capability
- Low price vs other premium camera phones
- No camera stability feature on the main camera. This could lead normal shots to blurry images with small shaking.
The Realme X3 SuperZoom is equipped with four rear cameras. Starting from its main camera, it uses a wide camera sensor measuring 1/1.72" (inches) able to fit 64 million pixels with 0.8 micrometer size each (64 MP with 0.8µm size per pixel).
Among other top rate rear cameras, the size might be a little smaller, but it has a different ace up behind.
It uses a zooming capability that only top notch premium phones have. It is equipped with a periscope telephoto capable of 5x optical zoom deserving of its name "Super Zoom".
And with an OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) in its periscope telephoto, blurred zoomed photo will be less likely.
Sadly, its rear camera does not have a stability feature as well so it has to be handled well to lessen blurred photos for normal shots.
It is also equipped with an ultrawide camera with a 16mm focal length to cover wider angles. (Note that the shorter the focal length, the wider angle the lense can see)
It also has a macro camera that can help for taking macro (close up) shots.
All in all, the phone has four rear cameras. It also features a LED flash, HDR quality photographs, and is capable of making panorama shots.
The device's rear camera can also produce 4K resolution videos at 30 or 60 fps (frames per second) with a gyro-EIS stability feature for better and stable videos.
This device is equipped with a dual selfie camera.
Its main selfie camera has a 1/2.8” wide camera sensor that can fit a 32 MP resolution image with a 0.8µm per pixel as its size. The numbers above show a very high camera for a selfie purpose.
The second selfie camera adds an ultrawide feature for taking selfie shots which is capable of taking 105 degree angle shots which is rarely seen on front smartphone cameras.
It also features panorama shots and can produce 1080p video resolution at 30 fps.
As for the image processing, it uses "Snapdragon 855+" which is among the premium rated processors as of 2021 that ensure a fast and quality image processing.
- High performance for high end games
- Wide gaming screen
- Cheap premium gaming phone price
- Small battery capacity
The Realme X3 SuperZoom is equipped with 12GB memory and 256GB storage. It is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 855+ sso with a Octa core CPU and Adreno 640 GPU.
With the above specs, it makes the phone capable of running high end games such as Genshin Impact, Asphalt 9: Legends, Ragnarok X: Next Gen and battle royale games like Call of Duty Mobile and PUBG.
Being a high end phone with a premium processor, it is capable of superb performance without lag or slowness.
This includes games with a wide world such as Genshin Impact and Call of Duty Mobile. Loading the map will be quick depending on internet service.
With this device, you can enjoy quality graphics seamlessly.
This device has a 4200 mAh battery which is decent enough but playing games that require high processing, gaming can only be enjoyed for a short while.
As for the screen, it has a wide 6.6 inches screen size which is sought after by gamers. Having a wider screen view helps to have a better view of the game you will be playing.
- Wide screen
- High display refresh rate
- Supports HDR10 video
- With 24-bit/192kHz audio bit rate
- Uses IPS LCD with good graphics quality, colors, and is great for outdoor with bright lights
- Has no 3.5mm jack
- Uses IPS LCD which has flaw with deep black
Phones usually categorized for multimedia usage are widely used for music and video streaming. So a good screen size and features, and a good speaker is a must.
For the Realme X3 SuperZoom, with a 6.6" wide screen size, watching series or movies will be great.
It uses an IPS LCD screen which provides sharp images and supports better colors and contrast than normal LCD.
The screen is also easy to use outdoors with bright light.
Sadly, its black is not perfect and the screen may utilize more power than normal LCD and AMOLED.
It has a high refresh rate of 120Hz (120 refresh per second) which will allow you to watch quick changing scene movies and series the best possible.
It supports video quality in HDR10 format with up to 1000 nits peak video brightness.
As for audio, a stereo speaker is available. But for those who use wired earphones or headset, you might need to switch to wireless one's for this device does not have an audio jack.
It also has a 24-bit/192kHz audio bit rate which is typically a normal rate for the human ear. It can produce good sound quality for those who love listening to music.
- High storage with USB OTG support
- Fast charging feature
- Good rear main camera resolution
- With great zooming capability + stability feature
- Good video resolution with stability feature
- No barometer
- Low battery capacity
- Rear main camera does not have stability feature
This is the most in-demand use of smartphones nowadays. Mostly everyone uses their smartphone on their life travels, be it summer getaway, mountain hiking, and many more adventures.
With these, app support for travelling is widespread from maps to online navigation.
For phones, devices with a good storage capacity, good network connection, and a long battery life is a must.
As for the Realme X3 SuperZoom, it is equipped with a very wide 256GB storage.
Though it does not have an external memory card slot, it supports USB OTG feature as a backup.
It uses 4G LTE data network connection which is the best possible since 5G is not fully supported in the Philippines.
Almost every phone has a GPS feature and this also applies for this device. Sadly the phone does not have a barometer installed so GPS cannot take altitude data using it.
The phone is around 200 grams which is neither light nor heavy but raising it to take pictures for a long time might be sore if not used to doing exercise.
It only has a battery capacity of 4200 mAh which is not ideal for long travels. So it is recommended to bring a power bank when using this device for travels.
It also features 30W fast charging, good for intensive use of the device.
As for its camera, it has a high camera resolution but since it does not have a stability feature on its main camera, you will need to make an effort on stabilizing it while taking normal shots.
It also has periscope telephoto which is great to have when taking zoomed shots while outdoors.
As for taking video, it can take high quality video, and with stability features, you can expect a decent video output.
Lastly, the device has a compass sensor that can help when travelling in a forest or mountain.
Work and Business
- High processor, memory and storage capacity
- Uses 4G LTE network
- Equipped with fingerprint scanner for security
- Great dual front camera specs
- Expensive if provided for employees which will only need it for communication
Having a premium phone used for work or business will be great but expensive. Specs wise, it will be above requirements.
Processing, memory, storage wise, the device is perfect for work needs.
Realme X3 SuperZoom for office employees in business is a luxury. But if it is for employees that are required to take videos and pictures, this device is great since it is cheap among devices with great cameras.
It has the best supported network in the Philippines. Again it is because 5G is not yet fully supported in the Philippines so having 4G LTE is still the best and practical choice.
It has features such as a fingerprint scanner that can provide an additional layer of security for the device.
Its front camera feature is on the high end for video conferences and any other video call.
- Great processing capability with high memory and storage capacity
- Wide screen
- Great front camera with ultrawide feature
- Expensive if dedicated for home learning only
The Realme X3 SuperZoom is expensive if bought only for educational purposes.
Though specs wise, it is equipped with above the requirements for home learning.
It has a wide screen which is helpful for previewing school materials and attending video calls.
And with a high quality front camera with ultrawide feature, video quality will be great.
- Premium quality over all specs
- Expensive if dedicated for general use only
Phones for general use are usually bought just for communicating, some social media access and some internet browsing.
All in all, it does not need to have high specs and having so is a bit luxurious.
Realme X3 SuperZoom is a premium phone with very high specs so buying this phone and not maximizing its usage would be a waste.
Though if you don't mind spending a little bit much and like to have a quality device, this device will never be a bad investment especially if you will only have this for general use.
All-in-all, the device is great being a premium phone with a lower cost over other premium phones.
So if you want Realme X3 SuperZoom, you can check our recommendations below on when and when not to buy the device.
- You play high end games and want professional mobile gaming experience.
- You don't play too long and take rest from time to time to have time for charging the device.
- You like taking high quality pictures but are patient enough in a very small case the image is a bit blurry or ready to use a tripod or any external way to make stable shots.
- You love taking wide angle shots and high quality zoomed shots.
- You like watching high quality movies, series, etc. and do not mind not perfect black.
- You want a device with good memory and storage, and a decent camera with quality video output but fine with taking pictures again if in minimal case of it being blurry.
- You don't mind investing in a power bank for long travels.
Work / Education / General Use
- You need a phone for work, or phone for online class, or even only for daily basic communication, social media, and internet browsing and want a high quality specs for it even if it is expensive.
- You want the best quality processor with a higher battery capacity.
- You want a high quality camera and want every shot you take the best you can have at that very moment possible with a smartphone.
- You prefer having a device with bigger battery capacity.
- You look for a device dedicated for your employees and is for communication purposes only. This device will be a bit expensive
- You look for a device dedicated to online classes only. This device will be a bit expensive
- You want a device that will only be used for basic communication, social media, and internet browsing. This device will be a bit expensive