Realme C25s was released on June 09, 2021 and is available in the Philippines for Php 7,490.00.
It is equipped with 4 GB memory, 64 GB storage, and MediaTek Helio G85 processor which is a decent entry level processor which is comparable with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 670.
It has a good selfie camera and three rear cameras.
A great entry level phone for the price.
Here are the pros and cons for different uses for the smartphone.
- Decent resolution rear camera
- HDR quality rear camera
- 1080p@30pfs rear camera video
- No ultrawide feature
- No optical zoom feature
- Rear camera has no stability feature for taking photo
- Entry level processor
The Realme C25s is equipped with three rear cameras.
It has a high resolution 48 MP as its main camera which is high enough for entry level phones.
The camera also has PDAF autofocus and as expected, there is no stability feature available.
It also has a 2 MP macro camera that can help for taking macro (close up) shots.
Plus a 2 MP depth sensor to determine distance which is used for portrait shots.
Being an entry level phone, it is as expected, it does not have ultrawide (to cover wide angle shots) and telephoto camera (to enhance zooming capability).
It features LED flash, HDR quality photographs, and is capable of making panorama shots.
The device's rear camera can produce videos with 1080p resolution but it does not have a stability feature for video that should be able to help when taking video while moving or when the one taking video has shaky hands.
As for its selfie camera, it has a 1/4.0” camera sensor size that can fit a 8 MP resolution image with a 1.12 µm per pixel as its size.
It also features an HDR quality front camera and can produce 1080p video resolution at 30 fps.
As for the image processing, it uses “Helio G85” which is a good entry level processor.
- Capable of running high end games in low resolution
- Wide gaming screen
- High battery life
- Low quality processor
- Low memory
- Storage is good only for 2 to 3 high end games
- Expect lag and slowness on high end games
- Not applicable for professional gaming
The Realme C25s is equipped with 4 GB memory and 64 GB storage. It is powered by Mediatek Helio G85 sso with a Octa core CPU and Mali-G52 MC2 GPU.
The above specs will be able to barely run one high end game but when the device is used along with apps running in background like social media apps, expect these games to lag from time to time until the game is not playable at all.
Open world games will surely have delayed loading maps and elements (e.g. Genshin Impact / Ragnarok X: Next Gen).
As for battle royale games, expect slowness or lag when an enemy appears around you. Prolonged game time will also make the device hot and expect lag when it happens.
Still, the games are still playable on the device and adjusting the display resolution might be able to help lessen the burden of the game to the phone.
For games with low requirements, such as Mobile Legends, the device will be good enough and good performance is to be expected.
The device is also equipped with a 6000 mAh battery so you can play low end games for a long time. It also has fast charging capability so getting bored will be shorter.
As for the screen, it has a wide 6.5 inches screen size which is wide enough for gamers. Having a wider screen view helps to have a better view of the game you will be playing.
- Wide screen
- Has 3.5mm jack
- Uses IPS LCD with good graphics quality, colors, and is great for outdoor with bright lights
- Lower display refresh rate compared to other Mid range phones
- Uses IPS LCD which has flaw with deep black
- Low peak brightness
Phones usually categorized for multimedia usage are widely used for music and video streaming. So a good screen size and features, and a good speaker is a must.
Screenwise, the Realme C25s with a 6.5" wide screen size, watching series or movies will be great.
It uses an IPS LCD screen which provides sharp images and supports better colors and contrast than normal LCD.
The screen is also easy to use outdoors with bright light.
Sadly, its black is not perfect and the screen may utilize more power than normal LCD and AMOLED.
It has a peak brightness of 570 nits which is a bit low and watching videos outdoors with very high lighting might lead to poor experience.
As for audio, a stereo speaker is available and if you want to listen alone, a 35mm jack is available for wired earphones or headset.
- Good enough storage with MicroSD and USB OTG support
- Fast charging feature
- High battery capacity
- Good rear main camera resolution for the low price
- Reverse charging feature
- Has no barometer
- Camera has no stability, ultrawide and optical zooming feature
This is the most in-demand use of smartphones nowadays. Mostly everyone uses their smartphone on their life travels, be it summer getaway, mountain hiking, and many more adventures.
With these, app support for travelling is widespread from maps to online navigation.
For phones, devices with a good storage capacity, good network connection, and a long battery life is a must.
As for the Realme C25s, it is equipped with a decent 64 GB storage.
It also has an external memory card slot and a USB OTG feature as back-up.
It uses 4G LTE data network connection which is the best possible since 5G is not fully supported in the Philippines.
It has a GPS feature to capture location even without data. Sadly the phone does not have a barometer installed so GPS cannot take altitude data using it.
The phone is 209 grams which is on the heavy side of smartphones and raising it to take pictures for a long time might be sore if not used to doing exercise.
It has a very high battery capacity of 6000 mAh for travels.
It features an 18W fast charging, which is good for intensive use of the device. Though frequent charging of a device will also deteriorate the battery quickly.
It also supports Reverse charging which allows a device to share its battery wirelessly to other devices.
As for its camera, it has a good enough camera resolution but it does not have stability features which should be able to help minimize blurriness from small shaking.
It does not have an ultrawide camera that allows a device to capture wider angles, and an optical zooming feature to capture faraway objects.
As for taking videos, it does not have any stability feature as well so shaky video outputs are expected.
Lastly, the device has a compass sensor that can help when travelling in a forest or mountain.
Work and Business
- Low price
- Decent processor
- High enough memory and storage capacity
- Uses 4G LTE network
- Equipped with fingerprint scanner for security
- Good front camera specs
Realme C25s is cheap enough and is a recommended phone for employees or as a dedicated phone for work only.
It has a decent processor for an entry level smartphone.
It is equipped with 4 GB memory and 64 GB which is high enough if dedicated for employee use, or for checking emails and communication.
It has the best supported network in the Philippines. Again it is because 5G is not yet fully supported in the Philippines so having 4G LTE is still the best and practical choice.
It has features such as a fingerprint scanner that can provide an additional layer of security for the device.
Its front camera feature is good enough for video conferences and any other video call.
- Low price
- Decent processing capability
- High enough memory and storage capacity
- Wide screen
- Good front camera
The Realme C25s is cheap enough if used as a dedicated device for online learning.
Specs-wise, it is equipped with a decent processor, high memory and storage for online classes, storing school manual files and images, and doing some activities online.
It has a wide screen which is helpful for previewing school materials and attending video calls.
It also has a good enough front camera for video calls.
- Low price
- High quality processor
- High enough memory and storage
- Decent cameras
- Equipped with 4G LTE network
Realme C25s is equipped with a high quality processor if dedicated only for general use.
Its overall specs are also high enough for taking casual pictures, playing low end games, watching videos, browsing the internet, communication and many more.
And with a low price, it is a recommended phone for people who use a phone only for casual / general use.
One of the highest rated entry level phones recommended if the phone is dedicated only for work, study or casual use.
If you want Realme C25s, you can check our recommendations below on when and when not to buy the device.
- You are into gaming but do not play high end games such as Genshin Impact, Ragnarok X: Next Gen, or battle royale with big maps games.
- You like taking casual pictures and does not mind having no wide angles, no zooming feature, and is patient enough in a very small case the image is a bit blurry or ready to use a tripod or any external way to make stable shots
- You like watching movies, series, anime etc. with good video quality but are fine with not being able to watch in places with very bright lights.
- You want a device with good memory and storage, long battery life, and good enough camera without stability feature, ultrawide and optical zoom.
- You want a phone for your employees or for work with decent specs for communication, email and video conferences with a low price
Education / General Use
- You need a phone for online class, or even only for daily basic communication, social media, and internet browsing that has a good specs with low price
- You are playing high end games and want a professional gaming experience that is smooth and feels the game from the very small details.
- You want a higher quality camera, with stability, ultrawide and a great zooming feature.
- You prefer a phone where you can watch videos anywhere even in a place with bright lighting.
- You prefer having a phone camera with stability, ultrawide, and a better zooming feature.