The most common specs we always consider when buying a smartphone are the RAM and ROM because we know that it has something to do with the speed of your phone and the storage capacity of it to store data like images, videos, music, documents and applications data. But most of us don’t really know how it really works.
I will explain how these 2 really work and what are the benefits of having a higher number of them. And I will also give you the list of smartphones with the best RAM and ROM that we have on Now Inquire.
It stands for Random Access Memory, a rapid device that reads and writes data in almost at the same time and it only stores temporary information and data will be lost when the power is turned off that is why it is called volatile.
It stands for Read Only Memory, a data storage device that keeps the saved data even in the event of power failure or if the phone is turned off that is why it is called non-volatile.
How it works
Now that we know the concept of these two components, let us try to relate it in real life. Think of a RAM like a table and your ROM like a cabinet.
- It is faster to get things on the table than it is to get things in the cabinet.
- When you open the phone, it will get the operating system (OS) in the cabinet and place it on the table.
- When you open an app, it will get the application data in the cabinet and place it on the table.
- When you are bored and done using the first app you open and open another app, it will be placed also on the table which allows you to switch to these apps quickly because both of them are on the table.
- When the table is full, the app you open or currently using will close automatically or you will experience slowness.
List of Smartphones with best RAM and ROM
The more RAM and ROM a smartphone has, the better experience you will have.
1. What is the difference between ram and rom in mobile?
Answer: RAM is basically like a brain that can read and write at the same time, that is why it is called super fast-type memory. ROM is a data storage device that keeps the saved data even in the event of power failure.
2. How much RAM does a phone need?
Answer: At least 4GB of RAM.
3. What is RAM used for in mobile phones?
Answer: It is responsible for how fast your phone is and handing the running applications.